Apr 2, 2016

Are you happy with your current job?

My friend post a question in our group chat:
How many of you are happy with your current job? Do you feel excited going to work everyday?

This is the question I asked myself repeatedly when I feel like quitting my job, and the frequency of asking it increased last year.

When do I doubts about my decision to go into this job which totally change my career path?
Normally when I am struggling to pick up new skills (either technical skills or soft skill like management and leadership). I am unsure about my past 10 years working experience and 4 years or tertiary education is "useful" in current job. I think I already excel in something, I must at least achieve some achievement.

I will start thinking how would I be if I am still in previous job, doing something I am totally good at.
But, why am I doing this now, struggling myself with something unknown, something which full of uncertainties, something that need to start from scratch, something which is not along the flow of common needs…… that's a struggle of my dream with reality……

I think my friend's question is a very hard question. I am not always happy with my work. Not always excited to go to work.

But deep down in heart, I found JOY with what I did. It is a strength that support me to go through all the bitter part.
I found joy to see my subordinates growth through their hardship, found their own path.
I found joy to see people around me having better understanding about life and change their perspective towards relationship.
I found joy to see companies and staff appreciate each other's effort and contributing more to the society.
I found joy when I know deep down this is the way I wanted to go, and I know it is still a long way to go but I have a team to walk hand in hand.

The passion to work is not the work by itself but the passion towards my life. My work, is the platform for me to learn and perform, to pursue my dreams. Its all about myself.

Would I be happy with this job forever? I don't know! because there are always new challenge out there.

I will need to ask the questions from time to time and clear all my doubts. I believe in different stage of life I will face different obstacles that challenge my believe. Life is so unpredictable but there is always a restart button. I believe changes by itself is a strength in life.

No comments: